Tips for effective online sales5 min read
Technology has changed the approach to daily living. One of the main areas it has significantly impacted is e-commerce across the globe. Business has moved from a more physical exchange of goods and services to online sales where you can summon any product at your fingertips, and get it delivered conveniently and reliably.
According to a recent study, many customers believe that the changes noted in the past few years have changed the history of eCommerce. Indeed, this transformation has taken a dramatic turn since Covid-19 hit the World. Even companies like Defcon sauces and Kintec Finds took to a digital transformation to expand their reach.
While this article provides valuable tips for effective online sales, here are some ways eCommerce is changing the World one website per time;
- Mobile friendly purchase: A recent study found that mobile users spend an average of 5 hours daily on their phones. Therefore, they are more likely to use their phones for purchase instead of heading to a store. This approach provides accessibility and availability while allowing the consumer to browse through several products simultaneously.
- Voice commerce- eCommerce has opened the door to voice interaction so that you can ask your digital assistant to make an order for you. Amazon Alexa, Google phones, and Microsoft Cortana are in this category.
Ecommerce software and tools
In 2019, e-commerce hit $547 billion in the US alone. By 2020, it reached $791.7 billion. There is no doubt that it is a lucrative venture. However, running an eCommerce business comes with much competition. For effective online sales, consider using e-commerce tools.
These tools help automate and simplify every task about your business. They help your management time, customers, and yourself effectively.
What are the best e-commerce tools?
Customer Relationship Management software
CRM ensures efficient interaction with customers and consumers to maximize profits. Since the tools in this category gather data from several channels, detailed purchase information helps you understand customer behavior.
Salesforce, a brand dedicated to bringing customers and businesses together through cloud-based solutions, has the tools that could help you.
In a booming industry like eCommerce, several online eCommerce platforms are setting the pace. Since there are a number of platforms, it is essential to consider fees, technical skills, logistics, mobile-friendliness, and many other factors before you choose one.
- Shopify: an all-in-one solution for eCommerce startups. It is shopping made easy for everyone. Luckily they support third-party marketplaces, social media sales, and POS software. One of the reasons Shopify stands out is its versatility and accessibility on mobile devices. It has three payment plans; basic ($29 monthly), Shopify ($79 per month), and advanced ($299 per month). Again, with the BuildFire tool, you can build a Shopify mobile app for your business.
- BigCommerce: since its inception till date, this platform has processed over $25 billion in sales. It is presently used in over 120 countries in the World, and it comes with pre-loaded features. Furthermore, it has exceptional inventory management, SEO, and conversion tools. You are also sure of responsive customer support on a 24-hour basis. B2B favors the platform because it provides enterprise-grade solutions. With $29.95, $79.95, and $299.95 per month, you can enjoy the standard, plus, and pro plans, respectively.
According to a report by BizReport, 77% of online shoppers prefer to choose free shipping for their purchases. Therefore, it is clear that unreasonably high shipping costs may turn customers off, causing them to leave their carts. It may potentially reduce conversion rates. So, it is best if you considered low shipping costs, a good return policy, fast delivery, and periodical sales.
- SEO and SEM- online sellers never finish it all in their businesses. They continue to optimize things until its better. Therefore, you should consider this. You want to be sure your business is visible. The best way to ensure this is to have a solid content plan and employ SEO and SEM.
- Build a trusted brand- a picture is worth a thousand words. It is valid for online sales. To provide value by staying true to what you promise. Consider testimonials and rewards for referrals.
- Email marketing- marketing will always be vital for online businesses, so you want to stay with it. Email marketing is a personalized approach that helps you keep in touch with existing customers while providing them with information. Also, consider affiliate marketing with influencers on Social Media platforms. These guys get your active business engagement for the right price. You might consider featuring your brand in their posts too.
- User recommendation (sharing buttons, testimonials on the website)- referrals and recommendations are a traditional but effective way to increase your online sales. Potential customers are more likely to trust you more when they have heard good things about you. Also, encouraging customers to click your sharing button on social media helps you reach more people.
- Ads- ads increase visibility and help funnel your audience. They raise awareness of your product and ultimately improve the traffic on your website. These help sales and conversions.
- Study the data- knowing what your audience thinks of your business goes a long way in improving their experience. Google Analytics and other available on the market analytic tools help you to keep optimizing your shopping experience.
Wrapping it up
There are several effective ways to improve your online sales. Technology has come to stay, and it will continue to make life easier for you and your customers.
Lets begin with 'DevOps' definition. It is a collection of practices that integrate software development (Dev) and operations (Ops) to help teams produce, test, and deliver software faster and more reliably. Think of developer operations like you think about sales operations, or marketing operations - it’s the tools and processes that enable the department’s work. Since its inception in 2009, the word "DevOps" has been used to describe a combination of cultural ideas, practices, and tools that strive to shorten the development life cycle and improve software quality.
June 9, 2022
11 Min Read
Lead nurturing is all about discovering what your customers value and then offering it to them in an automated fashion and watching their behavior to see when they are ready to purchase or get involved with sales. Lead nurturing includes identifying their needs and giving value to potential customers throughout their interactions with your organization. That is encouraging leads to stay in touch until they are ready to take the next step
June 3, 2022
5 Min Read
Before starting my career as a Salesforce administrator, I had never even heard of Salesforce. I was just some kid who went to a trade school and worked at Best Buy. One day my dad had told me about this software that he was working with called Salesforce. He told me how you didn't need a college degree, no schooling. All you needed was the dedication to learning the software and $200 to pass the exam.
May 19, 2022
6 Min Read